If you have questions or queries, we recommend you also visit our Online Trader FAQ section.
- Create a user account;
- Create and manage product listings for suitable items they wish to offer for sale to the general public. Suitable items may include antique or vintage items, along with traditional collectables and certain artworks, including but not limited to collectable coins and other currency, stamps, postcards and limited edition works;
- Have these product listings presented on a single webpage specific to the individual trader (“trader shop”, “trader store”), as well as other webpages throughout the website which may include product listings from other traders;
- Interact with potential customers and buyers in relation to the sale of those items;
- Have those product listings advertised, from time to time, in communications between Vintage Ireland and its marketing database(s) whether via email, social media, print media or other mediums;
- Forward product listings or vendor pages to other persons;
- Receive emails as part of the automated service notifying traders of sales and enquiries;
- Receive emails from the website administration where we feel it necessary to make announcements, the website, its function or your account.
VintageIreland.eu is owned and operated by AFI Antiques Fairs Ireland, also known by the brand name Vintage Ireland (the words “we”, “us” or “our” throughout this document refer to AFI Antiques Fairs Ireland). We are registered in the Republic of Ireland (reg. company number 579703) and can be contacted via post at Antiques Fairs Ireland, P.O. Box 103, Whitemill Industrial Estate, Wexford, Ireland.
Consent to Communications
In order to provide you with the services and functions of the website, we may need to communicate with you either via email or the other contact details that you provide to us. You agree to receive communications which are necessary for the normal and proper functioning of the website, including emails informing users about functionality of the website and emails concerning customer transactions or enquiries. You also agree to receiving communications concerning your account status. In addition, you agree to receive communications from other users who may wish to contact you through the website.
4. Trader Registration
Registration is required in order to become a trader on the site. This may involve entering your full name, postal address, email address and telephone number, as well as your business name if applicable. All information supplied must be complete, accurate, within your rights to share, and kept up to date.
This information will be stored on the website as part of your user account. Your business name and/or full name may be displayed alongside your product listings and trader shop.
We reserve the right to refuse any applicant solely at our own discretion and without obligation to provide a reason. Similarly, we reserve the right to limit the number of traders registered or enact either open or invitation-only registration at any time.
You will also need to create a secure password. It is your responsibility to keep this password safe. This includes a responsibility to ensure that you do not publish your password where it would be visible to others or enter it into any fraudulent or imposter website, or any other website purporting to be or offer services related to VintageIreland.eu.
You agree to inform us without delay if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or compromises to your account security. We will not be liable for any harm or loss, howsoever incurred, which may arise as a result of someone else accessing or making use of your account, trader shop page or password, either with or without your knowledge. A trader may be liable for any harm or loss incurred by any other party as a result of someone else accessing or making use of their account, trader shop page or password if the trader has not taken reasonable steps to maintain the security of their account.
You may change or recover your password and many other details by following the instructions on the website.
Prohibited Email Addresses, Names and Business Names:
You may not enter an email address, name or business name which:
- Contains “VintageIreland”, “Vintage Ireland”, “Vintage EU”, “AFI”, “Antiques Fairs Ireland”, Antique Fairs Ireland” or otherwise misrepresents your relationship with us or any other party;
- Is likely to cause offence, contains any profanity or vulgarity, promotes any illegal activity, promotes or campaigns for any particular political party;
- Constitutes copyright infringement or violates any trademark or proprietary right;
- Impersonates or misleadingly parodies any other person or organisation;
5. Buying/Selling and Interaction
Product listings and related information provided by the trader shall be:
- Accurate (when asserting facts or offering description);
- Sincerely held and genuinely believed (when offering opinions, estimates or advice);
- Compliant with any applicable or relevant law, including that of Ireland, Northern Ireland, the European Union.
- It should also be clear whether the information provided is being presented as factual, estimation, or opinion.
In addition, your transactions must be in keeping with consumer rights law and Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland’s “Code of Advertising Standards”.
To create the best shopping experience for potential customers, we ask that you only create one advertisement per item, except where the listing is for a job lot. Photographs should only depict the item(s) for sale and the price should be reflective of the entire item or lot shown. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the relevant listing(s) being modified or removed from the website without notice to you and without liability for any losses incurred.
Your interactions with other users or contacts made through our services, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such transactions, are solely between you and the other party/parties. It is your responsibility to ensure you use and maintain appropriate postage rates, if any, prices, payment methods, product photographs and descriptions and delivery methods.
We reserve the right to monitor or to intervene in transactions or disputes between users; however, we have no obligation to do so and accept no responsibility or liability for transactions that take place on or arise from the website. We therefore equally reserve the right to refrain from becoming involved in any transaction or dispute arising from use of the website or our services.
In all financial transactions and any online interaction, we encourage you to use caution, always consider your own safety and interests, and use good judgement. suggest that you use caution and good judgment. In particular, we suggest that you exercise caution when providing personal or identifying information about yourself on this or any website. Always bear in mind the potential ramifications of disclosing or publicly publishing information which is or may become visible to other parties, including search engines, prospective or current employers and so on.
When traders and customers engage in transactions, information such as usernames, email addresses, postal addresses and other contact information may be automatically shared by the website in order to carry out the transaction. You acknowledge that we cannot ensure other parties respect the privacy or security of those they interact with. Accordingly, we encourage you to exercise good judgement and caution when entering into a transaction with another party on this or any other site. In turn, you acknowledge your responsibility to respect and, as far as practicable, protect the security and privacy of others. You agree to comply with all relevant data protection laws and, if requested, remove other users’ information from your databases and devices, or provide them with a copy of their own personal information so that they may review what information you are currently storing about them. However, in doing so, you must not disclose the information of any other person.
In using the website and its services, you may only use other user’s information in accordance with applicable legislation and regulations (including, but not necessarily limited to, data protection laws) and only in relation to:
- VintageIreland.eu transactions and related purposes that are not “spam” or unsolicited commercial communications;
- Using services offered through the website;
- Other purposes that a user agrees to.
You agree that you shall not use (or facilitate any other party to use) any information obtained from the site in order to harass, threaten, intimidate, abuse or otherwise harm any other person. You also agree that you shall not use (or facilitate any other party to use) information obtained from the site in order to contact, advertise products/services to, solicit or sell to, any person without their prior express consent.
You are solely responsible for any and all material that you upload, publish or otherwise display on or through the website. You acknowledge that we will not be liable for any errors, omissions or misstatements posted or otherwise conveyed by you or any other user of the website.
You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the identity and do not endorse the character of any other users with whom you may interact on the website or as a result of our services generally. Similarly, we cannot guarantee the veracity, relevance or quality of any information which any user may provide about themselves or any other matter.
6. Deactivation or Deletion of Accounts
We reserve the right to deactivate or delete accounts that are inactive for an extended period or where contact cannot, for any reason, be established with the trader within a reasonable timeframe. Similarly, we reserve the right to deactivate or delete accounts which:
- Violate any of our terms, conditions or policies, including those pertaining to other aspects of our business (such as offline events);
- Bring or are likely to bring the website or us into ill repute in any way,
- including where the account in question is the subject of complaint(s) by another user or users; this action on our behalf does not imply or seek to uphold the veracity of such complaints.
Deactivation or deletion of an account may extend to a denial of any or all services in the future, including being unable to re-register as a trader, or the complete suspension of an IP address, username or other user-identifying information. In the event that your account or product listing is removed, we will not be liable for any loss or harm incurred by you or any third party and, within the bounds of applicable law, we are not obliged to refund your membership fee for that term.
Traders using the site may also have the ability to deny future services to customers, independently of our site and this document. Where this occurs, we are not liable or responsible for a trader’s decision(s) or action(s), or for any loss or harm incurred by you or any third party as a result.
In accordance with General Data Protection Regulations, users can request that we delete any personally identifiable information we may hold. In some cases, we may be legally obliged to retain it to comply with our legal responsibilities.
7. Membership Cancellations
Should you choose to cancel your membership during the term of your paid-up membership, this fee is non-refundable. You may still cancel your membership, and no fee will be charged thereafter, but the amount already for that term will not be refunded either in whole or in part. This does not affect your statutory rights. Upon cancelling a membership, you must make payment for any outstanding charges or fees owed on your account within 30 days of the cancellation.
8. Use of the Site, Services and Content
You agree to use the website and its services as intended and with due consideration for its users and reputation.
You agree that you shall not (and shall not allow or aid any third party to):
- Remove, obscure or alter any proprietary rights notices contained in/on the website;
- Copy, modify or adapt, embed, reuse or reverse engineer any portion of the website, its services, its contents or its databases;
- Use any application, process or means to access, index or retrieve any restricted portion of the website, its content or connected servers, accounts or devices;
- Use your account, listings or trader shop page to advertise or promote other services or organisations;
- “Sublet” your account (ie. use or allow your trader shop page or vendor account to be used to sell or advertise another party’ goods or services in exchange for commission or fee of any kind);
- Use any portion of the website for the purposes of harassment, bullying, slander or other unwanted communication, including “spam”, surveys or unrelated promotions; in this context, “unrelated promotions” includes the promotion of businesses, events or other entities not registered on the site or associated with AFI Antiques Fairs Ireland, even if thematically similar (e.g. antiques events);
- Solicit passwords or confidential information of other users;
- Identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous user of the website;
- Impersonate any other party or organisation;
- Create multiple user accounts without valid reason in keeping with the intended purposes of the website, or create accounts by means of any automated process or application;
- Use the website to compromise or violate the security of any other user or device, including transmitting any harmful application, software, viruses or links to same/similar;
- Interfere in any manner with the proper operation of the website or its services, including the use of any device, application or behaviour which interferes with the website in any harmful or disruptive manner;
- Abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise maliciously engage with any user, administrator or agent of the website, including discriminatory behaviour;
- Use or access the website or its services in any way which contravenes any applicable legislation, including laws and bylaws;
- Publish any material on the website which you do not have the authority and right to make available, whether to us or to any other party;
- Advertise any item or items which you do not have the right or authority to sell;
- Publish or display any material which may be considered obscene, indecent, vulgar, offensive, defamatory or inciting hatred, violence or any illegal activity;
- Collect, store or analyse information about its users, except where strictly necessary for the fulfilment of your agreement with that individual or party;
- Use the website or its services for the purposes of creating, adding to or populating any database.
We reserve the right, for any reason and without obligation to give either reason or notice, to remove, edit or entirely reject any material posted or published by you. Without obligation to do so, we nevertheless reserve the right to monitor, moderate, review and/or amend all content published on the site at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to act in our own interests and/or what we judge to be the interests of the website’s users when responding to a complaint or similar communication, whether that communication relates to activity on the website or not. This may include amendment or removal of content you have published or posted to the website, deactivation, deletion or suspension of an account, and/or the denial of future services whether online or offline. Accordingly, you acknowledge that any action taken in response to a complaint does not constitute an endorsement or restatement of the claims contained within the complaint and does not necessarily uphold or speculate as to the veracity or validity of the complaint or any claims therein.
9. Concerning Roles and Responsibilities
You acknowledge that, unless otherwise stated, we do not own or endorse any products, services or comments published on, or provided through, the site by any other party, nor are we liable for same in any way. Similarly, you acknowledge that VintageIreland.eu is not responsible for, and does not operate, endorse or control, any information or applications contained elsewhere on the internet. This may include information, products or services offered by third parties through our site. We expressly exclude our liability for the operation, security or control of such third-party services and products. You are therefore responsible for satisfying yourself as to the suitability and security of such services or products and your account(s) with them.
You also acknowledge that we do not guarantee that files available or accessible through or from the site will be free from infection or risk (including viruses, Trojan horses or other code that may exhibit harmful properties). You are therefore responsible for implementing sufficient security procedures to satisfy your security requirements. It is also your responsibility to maintain a means for the reconstruction of any data which may be lost or corrupted.
When using the website or its services, you must exercise your own judgement, independent of any information either present or absent from the website, in making any decision either to act or refrain from a given course of action. It is solely your own responsibility to review and evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of all comments, descriptions, advice, opinions or other information provided through the website or the internet more broadly.
Beyond meeting the eligibility criteria as laid out on the website, you are responsible for assessing your suitability to trade on the website according to your individual circumstances, including the legalities of your trade status, residence and so forth, and then acting accordingly.
We reserve the right to cease, limit, suspend or alter any aspect or feature of the site or its services at any time and without notice or liability.
10. Third-Party Disputes
You agree to inform us without delay if any person makes or threatens to make any claim or issue legal proceedings against you relating to your use of the website and/or our services. Should we request it, you will immediately cease and desist the act complained of or remove the content at issue. Should we request it, you agree to confirm the details of the claim in writing. If you fail to maintain your agreement in this regard, we reserve the right to take any and all appropriate action.
11. Payment for Services
Product listings on the website are subject to a commission payable to us. The terms of this fee are described on the website and communicated to you in the course of your initial registration and/or invitation to register. This fee is quoted in euro and is payable in euro.
Vendor registration on the website is subject to a recurring fee (“membership” or “subscription”). The terms of this fee, and any optional variations, are also described on the website and communicated to you in the course of your initial registration and/or invitation to register. This fee is quoted in euro and is payable in euro.
We reserve the right to amend these fees, separately or simultaneously, from time to time.
12. Selling Items on the Site
Sales and purchases conducted through the site and its online checkout are processed through a third-party site specialising in secure online payments. It is your responsibility to ensure you are satisfied using this service. We expressly reject any liability for any harm or loss arising through the use of this third-party service. Any agreement you choose to make with a customer or other user regarding payment through any other means is entirely at your own risk; however, we encourage you to use a method provided by a reputable service-provider, such as that utilised on the site.
Upon receipt of an order, it is your responsibility to fulfill the order in a timely manner and using appropriate means and methods of communication with the customer, packaging of the item, delivery of the item, and post-purchase customer service where required. In doing so, you must comply with all relevant consumer law.
We require that you allow your online customer a minimum of 7 days after receiving their purchase(s) to contact you with a refund request where they feel the item is faulty, not fit for purpose or not as described. Should consumer law specify a greater length of time, that law will supersede this policy.
You agree to adhere to the refunds, returns and warranty policies, if any, set out by us, deviating only where you wish to offer more advantageous terms to the customer or where such a policy is superseded by law. Unless otherwise stated, there is no refund available for commission fees paid to the website on sales subsequently returned and/or refunded.
It is your responsibility to create, store and maintain accurate records of your trading activities and transactions and you should not rely on the website to create, store or maintain this information. Equally, it is your responsibility to “back-up” and securely store any data that you input or retrieve from the website as far as is allowed within data protection regulations and other legislation.
It should be noted that the website may, from time to time, be subject to maintenance or updates, which may or may not be scheduled in advanced, during which time it may be partly or wholly inaccessible to some or all users; similarly, services which the website relies upon for its proper or normal functioning may be interrupted, updated, suspended or otherwise altered. In either case, you agree that we are not liable for any alteration or interruption of service or any harm or loss arising therefrom. In addition, as far as is permissible within the bounds of relevant law, you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any loss or harm arising from any failure or delay to carry out maintenance, updates or other alterations. It is also your responsibility to maintain a means for the reconstruction of any data which may be lost or corrupted, whether due to maintenance, updates, deletion or any other cause.
Prohibited Items and Product Listings:
All items listed should fall within the theme of the website as described in section 1. We also reserve the right to impose a minimum or maximum price value at any time, as well as applying limits to other features such as number of items or images allowed, number of staff members that may be added to an account and other aspects of account capacity.
It is the responsibility of each trader to ensure that all items listed by them are fully and verifiably in line with current legislation and applicable law (e.g. CITES Appendices), including animal specimens or derivatives, militaria etc.
You may not advertise products which require the vendor to hold a licence for sale or to be trained to dispense including, but not limited to, medicinal products, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products and endangered or protected animal species. Content must not include any reference to ‘kegs’ or ‘beer kegs’ and related items (whether relating to their sale or purchase, requesting information about, or otherwise) as beer kegs are the property of the relevant brewer and therefore cannot be sold on. You can read more about this here: www.abfi.ie
We accept no responsibility where a trader fails to comply with legislation but reserve the right to remove, edit or order the removal of any product listing(s) or other material where the legality of same is brought into question and/or cannot be verified.
Similarly, we reserve the right to remove, edit or order the removal of any product listing(s) or other material deemed out of keeping with the theme and purpose of the website. This judgement will be at our sole discretion.
Be aware that we can access your account on this website and all information therein so as to provide assistance, necessary maintenance, advice where requested, or implement changes where needed. This capacity may also be visible to third parties if they are granted temporary administrative rights while providing technical support or assistance to the website.
13. Violation of the Terms, Conditions and/or Policies
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of a user’s right to use the website and/or our services either on- or offline;
Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any listing, material or other content uploaded or published to the website by the user, including their trader shop page;
Issue of a private or public (via the website) warning to user;
Limitation or restriction being placed upon the user’s account, its rights, privileges or permissions;
Initiation of legal proceedings against the user for reimbursement of any and all costs or damages arising from the violation, on a full indemnity basis, including, but not limited to, administrative and legal costs;
Other legal action against the user;
Disclosure to law enforcement authorities of such information as we reasonably feel is necessary;
Any other action we reasonably deem appropriate to the specific circumstances in question;
14. Content Rights and Intellectual Property Rights
By publishing or publicly displaying content to the website, you grant to us (and warrant that you have the right to grant) an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly and digitally display and distribute that content. This licence is non-exclusive; however, you agree that we shall have the exclusive right to exercise this license in combining your content with that of other users for purposes of creating or populating a searchable database of product listings or to recreate such for the purposes of advertising the website and its services. You acknowledge that this licence allows us to reformat, edit, excerpt, or translate any materials you may submit.
Intellectual Property Rights
VintageIreland.eu, its services and its content (including, but not limited to, text, images, photographs, graphics, video and audio materials) are protected by copyright as works, databases, collective works and/or compilations under copyright law within Ireland, Northern Ireland and other countries.
All individual item listings, website pages, content and other elements comprising the website are also copyrighted works. Except for the content published by traders/vendors or other users (“user-generated content”), all intellectual property rights (including copyright, design rights and trademarks) in/on the website are owned by us, unless otherwise stated. You acknowledge that the website and its services constitute our property and proprietary information and should be respected as such. Excepting where expressly stated within these terms or within express written permission from us, we reserve all rights concerning this intellectual property for our benefit.
To the extent you may have any moral rights in any user-generated content, you confirm and agree that:
- You do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the content or any upgrades, updates or derivative works of that content;
- You have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the content by us or our licensees, agents, successors and/or assigns;
- You forever waive any claim upon, and agree not to assert any entitlement to, any and all moral rights of an author in any aspect of the content;
- You forever release us, and our licensees, agents, successors and/or assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against us by virtue of such moral rights.
All product/service names referred to on the website are the trademarks of their respective owners, and other trademarks may be displayed on the website. Some material on the website may display information which itself contains the intellectual property of a third party. Nothing displayed on the website should be construed as granting you any licence or right to use any logo, information or trademark displayed on it, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
You may draw the attention of others to material posted on the website, provided you do so in a fair and legal manner that gives appropriate credit to this website as the source of the material and does in any manner constitute misrepresentation or potentially harm our reputation or that of any user. Similarly, you must not modify any copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from the website, whether hardcopy or digital, and you must not use any illustration, graphics or other images separately from the accompanying text.
You agree that you will always acknowledge our status (and that of any partner, agent, advertiser or third party identified on the website) as the authors of the website’s contents, excluding user-generated content where appropriate. You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence or express written permission to do so from us.
15. Linking to/from the Website
Links to the Website
You may link to the site, provided you do so in a way that is both fair and legal and does not negatively impact upon our reputation or take advantage of it. However, you must not do so in such a way as to suggest any form of association, endorsement, approval or sponsorship on our part without our express written permission or in order to directly compete with the website and/or redirect traffic from it. You must not establish a link to or from this website by any means that may be considered “spam”.
We reserve the right to withdraw this linking permission at any time without notice. Neither the website nor any constituent part may be embedded or framed in any other website, nor may it be in any way altered or displayed in a manner different to that in which we display it.
Links from the Website
The website contains links to other websites and resources provided by other websites and third parties. We have no control over the content or operation of those websites or resources, and we accept no liability for them or for any losses or damage that may arise from your use of them or exposure to their contents. If you visit any such websites, you leave this website and do so entirely at your own risk.
16. Disclaimer of Liability
The website and its services are provided ‘as is’. The contents and any other material displayed on the website are provided without any guarantee or warranty as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, liabilities, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied or inferred whether by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any loss of revenue, income, business, profits or contracts, loss of anticipated income or savings, loss of goodwill, loss of data, lost or wasted time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, howsoever caused, along with any direct or any indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user connected with or related to the website and/or its services, use, inability to use, or results of the use of the website and/or its services, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even where foreseeable.
Nothing in this agreement shall exclude or limit our liability in relation to any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree that we are not liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations under this agreement caused by matters beyond our reasonable control.
You agree to indemnify and keep VintageIreland.eu, our holding company and subsidiaries (as set out in the Companies Act 2014) and our and their respective officers, agents or employees, directors, shareholders, licensors and suppliers (each an “indemnified person”) indemnified on demand from and against all judgments, awards, fines, penalties, settlements, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable legal, accounting or other professional services fees) incurred or suffered by an indemnified person and arising out of or in connection with any of the following:
- breach of this agreement;
- Your access to or use of the website, its content or services in a manner that infringes or is alleged to infringe any applicable law or the rights (including, without limitation, the intellectual property or privacy rights) of any other entity or person.
We are not responsible for the content or the privacy or cookie policies of external websites which may be linked to via this site.
The information you provide to the website must not be in any way confidential as it may be displayed to the browser or customer in the course of different functions.
19. Governing Law, Jurisdiction
This agreement and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with your use of the site or the agreement itself are governed by, and in accordance with, Irish law. The courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and determine any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with use of the site or this agreement; however, we retain the right to bring proceedings against you in your country of residence or any other court of competent jurisdiction.
If the whole or any part of a provision of this agreement is or becomes void, illegal, invalid or unenforceable under the law of any jurisdiction, it shall neither affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of that or any other provision under the law of that jurisdiction nor affect the legality, validity or enforceability of that or any other provision of this agreement under the law of any other jurisdiction.
21. Waiver, Rights Cumulative
Failure or delay to exercise a right or remedy provided either by this agreement or by law does not constitute a waiver of that or any other rights or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy provided by this agreement or by law excludes further exercise of that right or remedy or the exercise of another right or remedy. The rights and remedies contained in this agreement are cumulative and not exclusive of rights or remedies provided by law.
22. Assignment and Entire Agreement
We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under this agreement with you to a third party at any time, at our discretion and without liability. Without prior written consent, you may not assign or dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under this agreement. As a result, by agreeing to these terms, you are also agreeing to the transfer, by means of novation, of all rights and obligations described herein.
Stay in TouchReceive updates about discounts, events, prize draws and more.
Receive text alerts by SMS before every event, along with admission discounts and invitations to try your luck in our regular prize draws.
Text ADD plus your name to 085-8629007 to sign up.